Strategies To Use In MLB Betting When Using Totals
This article takes a look at some MLB total systems that have proved to be profitable over an extended period of time.
1. Starting Pitching – The key statistics you want to look for when breaking down the starting pitching is ERA and WHIP. Finding pitchers who has a high WHIP going up against a strong offense will likely lead to a lot of runs.
2. Bullpen – Well-rested bullpens tend to get the job done and keep the total from going over.
3. Play UNDER in Game With Streaking Underdogs – For this system you must look for bad teams who are playing well.
TIP: If you have a home team that is playing their 6th straight game as aa underdog and has won at least two straight, you have a winner!
4. Find a two and three of a 3-game series , where the first game of the series went over the total and play the under.
5. Weather – If windy, expect more runs.
6. Stadium – Know your stadium and if it is friendly to hitters
7. Play the under in games With Short Money Line and Total of 10+ (many MLB bettors say the game should be from the American League.
8. Rivalries – The under tends to be a strong play when you have two teams that are rivalries.
9. Time of the Season – Pitchers usually tend to be at their best at the beginning of the season, which should have you looking for unders early. I suggest prior games to the All-Star game.
10. Know who the umpires are in a game. Umpires with a small strike zone will often lead to higher-scoring games.